January 20, 2008

Mommy-Blogging and Daddy-Blogging

It's really insane. I've never randomly drifted from blog to blog before, but I've done so over the past two weeks and TONS of the blogs I hit were mommy blogs. It's like women as a group realized in 2004 and 2005 that blogs were so much cheaper than scrapbooking and migrated to it en masse. If you don't believe me, go up to the "Next Blog" thing at the top of the page, just to the left of center and click on "next blog." (watch out, I hit one NSFW site once). Approximately half the bandwidth the United States appears to be taken up by these things.


There are daddy blogs, but they are quite a bit rarer, although there are still a lot of them. More than you would think. There is a perhaps expected phenomenon that the dads that blog tend to be a tad bit more sensitive than you would expect from the average dad. And it appears that half of them are of the stay-at-home variety.


Perhaps the best daddy blog I found for brand new dads is a series of articles this guy did in the first year of his daughter's life. He's a self-described geek, but lots of good observations.

No comments: